The ETH Zurich uses the software «Converia» written by Lombego Systems GmbH at Weimar, Germany, to administrate scientific conferences. As a registrant of a conference or administration in the Converia registration system, you agree that the data you have entered, including personal data, has been lawfully collected and may be managed by ETH Zurich, Dept. Services using the Converia software. The ETH Zurich treats your data as follows:
- For a first registration on www.converia.ethz.ch to a conference at the ETH Zurich the following data is necessary: Salutation, Given name, Family name, Street, Postal code, Location, Country and Email address. If a conference is liable to costs, at the majority of cases also the credit card number ist being asked for.
- If a conference is liable to pay costs, a credit card number is being asked in the majority of cases.
- These data are being collected for the purpose of a valid registration and for the payment of the participation fee via credit card.
- The data remain in the computing centre of the ETH Zurich and are protected via adequate organisational and technical measures. They are not handed out to third party. For the purpose of support and maintenance of the functionality the software manufacturer can get access to the system.
- After termination of the conference the participant data are not automatically deleted. This offers the advantage for participants that they can register in another conference without creating a new user account. After logging in, the participant gets an overview over all the events he or she booked. There, participants can administer and update their data. Participants can write to email@example.com if they want their data to be deleted.
You consent to these terms and conditions when you enter a registration in Converia.
ETH Zurich, Dept. Services